Transition Time at EL EL FRIJOLES
- DECEMBER: Open December 7th, 8th and 14th, 15th, then closed until January. You might find some cake on some of these dates for Michael's Birthday on the 7th or the Michele's on the 16th.
- WINTER HOURS: Beginning on January 4th, we'll be open for the winter on Wednesdays & Thursdays from 11am to 7pm.
- HOLIDAY SALE AND SOIREE: Join us on December 9th from 11am to 8pm at Ecouture Textile Studio. Details are here.
- SUPPER CLUBS: We will be holding supper clubs on select Fridays and Saturdays starting in January. Reservations are by phone only and the dinners are annoumced only to our email list, so sign up below (and read the emails!).
- LONG-RANGE PLANNING: Bonfire & Burritos, a celebration of Maine Restaurant Week, is the night of March 2, 2017. Cinco de Mayo Fiesta will take place on Friday, May 5th (that's innovative, right?). And we will open for the season on May 24th with our normal summer hours of Wed-Sun from 11am to 8pm.
- STAY IN TOUCH: Sign up for our email list if you'd like us to keep you in the loop!
- MERCH: We have t-shirts and hats in stock! We can ship them to you for about $20, including tax and shipping. Send me an email at or just mail me a letter with a check inside!
We cannot accept phone orders (or really even answer the phone) after 4:00 pm. Come on down and place your order like everyone else, and we will happlily pack it up for you to take home and enjoy at your place.
Dudley's Refresher in Castine, Maine
Be sure to visit Dudley's Refresher, our dock-side take-out in Castine, where you can enjoy the finest chef-driven, farm-to-table Downeast cuisine on the coast. All those hyphens, and a spectacular waterfront view to boot! Plus, Dudley's is open on Tuesdays, so there is that . . .
El El Frijoles, The Movie!
The absolute best part about what we do is that we get to meet the most amazing, incredible, talented people who come to Sargentville to check us out and eat our food.
One of our favorite folks is Princeton, NJ, filmmaker and photographer Jon Roemer. An amazingly talented guy, he knows his way around an image and he really has that uncanny ability to tell stories with pictures. He’s got that “gift of the Narrative” we are always talkin’ about around here . . . in spades.
In any case, last summer Jon asked us if we’d mind (?!?!?) if he spent some time with us here at the Taqueria. He was interested in working the bugs out of some new equipment, had a few vacation days and was thinking about maybe making a little film about EL EL FRIJOLES. We were thrilled to have him here (and for those of you in need of a good photo/videographer, he worked as hard as any of the folks I worked with in my 20+ years as a photo assistant, but on his vacation!). We offered him access to anything he wanted, which included some painful interview sessions with Michele and I, and he took a lot of pictures of our food. The result is this amazing look at what we do here at EL EL FRIJOLES, in a barn, in the woods in Maine.
We hope you enjoy watching this as much as we do. He really captured the spirit and feeling of this place, and does he ever make our food look good!
If you like what he’s put together here, feel free to share this with anyone you think might like to see it. And by all means, visit his website, look at his films on Vimeo and YouTube, and give him a shout out when you see him.