We return: refreshed, revitalized and full of enthusiasm and new ideas!
- FEBRUARY BREAK: We will be closed for February Break the week of Feb 18th & 19th.
- RESTAURANT WEEK: We will be representing Maine Restaurant Week again, on Thursday, March the 5th with our 2nd annual Burritos and Bonfire party from 3-7pm
- FREEZER PACKS: We are offering Frozen Burrito 6-packs at any point! Call for info.
- SUPPER CLUB FUNDRAISER! We are holding a raffle to raise money for Sedgwick School's Lego Robotics Program! You could win a Private Supper Club dinner for six, either at our place or yours. We'll come up with a menu that you like, figure out a time to make it happen, and we'll treat you and your guests to a sumptuous meal, served with our particular sort of grace and style. Tickets are $20 each and the winner will be chosen at 7pm on February 28. We will have tickets available in the Taqueria and online. Call us if you'd like more information.
- SUPPER CLUBS: In addition to our taqueria hours, we will again be hosting a full season (our 8th!) of EL EL FRIJOLES Supper Club Dinners on select weekend evenings. Be sure you are signed-up on our email list if you would like information about our Supper Club menus and dates.
El El Frijoles, The Movie!
The absolute best part about what we do is that we get to meet the most amazing, incredible, talented people who come to Sargentville to check us out and eat our food.
One of our favorite folks is Princeton, NJ, filmmaker and photographer Jon Roemer. An amazingly talented guy, he knows his way around an image and he really has that uncanny ability to tell stories with pictures. He’s got that “gift of the Narrative” we are always talkin’ about around here . . . in spades.
In any case, last summer Jon asked us if we’d mind (?!?!?) if he spent some time with us here at the Taqueria. He was interested in working the bugs out of some new equipment, had a few vacation days and was thinking about maybe making a little film about EL EL FRIJOLES. We were thrilled to have him here (and for those of you in need of a good photo/videographer, he worked as hard as any of the folks I worked with in my 20+ years as a photo assistant, but on his vacation!). We offered him access to anything he wanted, which included some painful interview sessions with Michele and I, and he took a lot of pictures of our food. The result is this amazing look at what we do here at EL EL FRIJOLES, in a barn, in the woods in Maine.
We hope you enjoy watching this as much as we do. He really captured the spirit and feeling of this place, and does he ever make our food look good!
If you like what he’s put together here, feel free to share this with anyone you think might like to see it. And by all means, visit his website, look at his films on Vimeo and YouTube, and give him a shout out when you see him.